Your products have to go through an attribute enrichment process before they can be approved for publishing to your online channel. Different parts of this process can be managed by different people or teams. Whether you are responsible for adding images, descriptions or assets or need to be the final approver, this can be easily managed via your PIM app.
The PIM provides you with a User Role Setup and Workflow Management Tool to help with the management and overview of your products from start to finish. This article will take you through setting up a Workflow process and assigning users to specific roles in the workflow process.
Follow the below steps to set up your workflow manager and user roles inside your PIM app.
Click on the Configuration > Workflow Manager tab on the left menu > select the Create Workflow button:
1. Add a Workflow name as per the examples in the above image
2. Add a short description of the requirements.
(Example of a workflow step: Adding product descriptions - Requirements for this workflow step: Short: 2-3 sentences. Min 150 characters for SEO & marketplace. Long: HTML & bullet points. Make it easy for customers to understand your product).
3. Give the Workflow a Sort Order Number to put it in the desired order of the product enrichment journey. Once this is completed, hit the create button and your workflow will be saved.
Assigning workflow steps to different users or teams:
1. Navigate to Settings > Users > Roles on the left menu > click Create Role.
Please note, by default the administrator will have access to ALL roles and responsibilities in the PIM. It is up to the administrator to assign permissions to your team.
2. Give the role a Name and choose the permissions for that role. The above example shows that this role is only responsible for description management and also has a few view-only options.
3. Now you can navigate to Users > users sub-tab > click on a user. You will see your created roles in the "roles window" as shown below and have the ability to click on the appropriate ones for this role. You can have multiple roles for your teams depending on their responsibilities in the product enrichment process:
4. Once you save the user, they will only be able to have certain permissions set by you in the PIM and they will also be able to complete their workflow step on the product screen:
5. Now you can select all products from the product tab and set up the Approval Workflow State. As the administrator, you can now be the final approver to check that all product workflow steps have been completed before products are published online:
Click on the Creating Brands link for the next step in the process.
For any support related questions, reach out to email@example.com