5. Setting up Product Relations
Product relations are used to set up a relation between products. Examples of these are:
- Parent and Child products
- Product substitutions
- Cross-sell and upsell of products
- Product bundles
- Services and intangible products
- Product building
You can set up product relations in the following ways:
- One to one - is a direct relation from one product to another. It is primarily used for product substitutions.
- One to many - allows you to relate one product to many products. It is the way to create “works with” or up-sell relations
- Many to many - is the most common relation type used for free association of related products, cross-selling, also viewed and other scenarios
To set up a product relation, navigate to Configuration > Product Relation Types in the PIM menu and click on the create button.
To assign a relation to a product, navigate to the products tab > select a product > open the relations tab > click on the add relation button.
Now you can select one of your relation types from the left dropdown menu and assign a related product by searching for it in the product menu on the left:
You can import relation types in Vesta via the bulk upload method or in the PIM via the CSV*** import and export section
***This feature is in development and will be released in a few weeks
Click on the 6. Option Sets link for the next step in the process.
For any support related questions, reach out to email@example.com