Channel Set up (BigCom)
Storing and managing your product information in the PIM is only part of the benefits of using Jasper PIM Lite. The Channel Configuration tool gives you the ability to add new BigCommerce or Shopify Storefronts quickly and easily.
Note: If you would like to connect your PIM to any other Storefronts, an additional integration fee applies before set up.
Let's have a look at the easy steps to set up your Big Commerce channel in your PIM Lite App:
Setting up your Channel Credentials and Assets
The credentials section stores your API information which allows for the connection to be established. These fields are channel type specific.
Getting started with your BigCommerce channel set up:
1. In order to setup a BigCommerce storefront as a Channel in the PIM, please login as the store owner to your BigCommerce control panel here https://login.bigcommerce.com/ and use this BigCommerce Support Article to create API credentials to use.
Inside your BigCommerce store, as the store owner, go to Advanced Settings > API Accounts on the left menu and click Create API Account:
2. Once you have given the account a name, you will need to set the 'Products' permissions to modify in order for the PIM to properly create brands, categories and products:
3. Click save at the bottom right of the screen and a .txt file will be automatically downloaded with all the necessary credentials:
4. Please save a copy of the .txt file with the credentials to set up your channel inside of your PIM Lite App.
Now navigate back to your PIM Lite App inside Vesta
1. PIM Administrators have the ability to create a channel. Navigate the left side menu by going to Configuration > Channels and click create a channel
2. Name your channel (something that easily identifies it), make sure to select BigCommerce from the available types and click Create:
3. After configuring your channel with appropriate bases, root categories and inventory locations make sure to check the Enabled box and paste your credentials into the appropriate fields at the bottom. If you wish to track inventory from the PIM makes sure to check the track inventory box as well. Once finished click Save:
4. Now that your channel is created and enabled in the PIM you can assign products to be enabled on that channel in bulk or individually from the product channels tab.
Bulk: Navigate to the Product tab on the left menu and select all or multiple products > click on the bulk settings button at the top right > select the enable/disable channel:
Single Product: Navigate to the Products tab on the left menu > select a product > click on the channel tab > select enable/disable channel > save:
Note: The Assets tab on the channel settings screen allows for setting the thumbnail for the channel that appears on the channels list and tab:
Click on the Setting up Product Relations link for the next step in the process of setting up your new PIM!
For any support related questions, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org