In this Article we will go through the steps of importing your data to the portal in order to send requests to your suppliers.
- From the Dashboard menu start by clicking the ‘Import’ button:
- On the import screen you are provided with instructions on the file format your spreadsheet should follow, you can also download the example spreadsheet provided which shows the required and optional fields needed. Click the ‘Choose File’ button and select your spreadsheet. Then, click the ‘Upload file’ button:
- After successfully uploading your product file you will be taken to the field mapping screen. This tool helps you match up the columns in your spreadsheet with the correct fields in your Retailer Portal. You will be presented with the first 10 rows of your spreadsheet as a reference, simply hover over and click the drop down list at the top of each column and select the relevant corresponding data field from the list. If there are any extra fields in your spreadsheet that you do not want to import simply select the ‘Ignore’ option at the top. With all fields mapped you can click the ‘Process the Data’ button to finalize your spreadsheet import.
- Now the system will process your spreadsheet, the processing time will depend on the size of the file. On completion you will receive a report either telling you the import was completed successfully, or if any rows were skipped due to errors. Even if a few errors are displayed the rest of your file will still have been imported successfully so there is no need to re-upload everything, simply make a note of, and fix the errors displayed and re-upload those products.
- Once you have successfully completed uploading your spreadsheet you will be asked if there are associated images that need to be uploaded alternatively you can click the Import Images button to be directed to the bulk image importer at any time. You can drag and drop your product images, or an entire image folder here to upload them in bulk. They will need to have the exact same file names as the images specified in your spreadsheet upload in the Image File Name field). If you upload an image with the same name as one already uploaded, the previous one will be overwritten.
- With your data loaded, you are now ready to send requests to your suppliers from your main dashboard! Make sure that you have entered the details of your supplier, then hit the request button. Once done, this will send an email to your supplier to create a vesta account in order to provide the data and images for you.
Check out the My Data vs. Supplier Data Article next for a step by step explanation on how to manage your data vs. what your Supplier has provided.
Got any more questions? Contact our friendly Vesta Support Team today!
The Vesta Support Team